W2 Income Tax Deduction Codes

W2 Income Tax Deduction

W2 Income Tax Deduction

On my w2. 12a code is marked W 1200.00. I am not sure this is correct.

I always thought the W is if the employer was contributing and the R was if the employee was contributing.

In my case I the employee contributed the whole 1200.00. I received my 1099-SA and in box 5 HSA is marked, but shouldn't MSA be marked. What is the difference between HSA and MSA.

So do you think my W2 is correct or do I have to get a corrected W2 the is marked with R in 12a.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Deductions Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?