Comments for To File or Not to File

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 28, 2011
Your Should File
by: Stephanie


Thanks for the inquiry.

You should go ahead and file. Based on the information you provided, you adjusted gross income would be 3314 (3200 + 72 + 42) and your 2010 standard deduction for your single filing status would be 3500 which means you would have no taxable income (3314 - 3500 = -186) and should get a full refund of the 222.52 that was withheld.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to To File or Not to File.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.