Temporary Living Expenses Income Tax Deduction

Living Expense Income Tax Deduction

Living Expense Income Tax Deduction

I have taken a position as a contract employee for a ten month assignment.

The position is located several hundred miles from my residence requiring me to relocate for the duration of the assignment.

What temporary expenses may I deduct as expenses on my income tax?

Rent of an apartment?
Meals and groceries?
Periodic return trips home?

Thank you.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Deductions Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?