Comments for Stolen Tax Money.

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 20, 2011
Tax Money Stolen
by: Stephanie

You should still be able obtain the tax monies owed to you even though your deceased husband was incorrectly claimed as a dependent by someone else.

You will have to mail your tax return instead of efile. After reviewed you will likely receive a letter from the IRS asking you to prove that he was your husband and lived with you. Once you provide the information within the timeframe given on the letter, you should receive your refund money.

The person who claimed him as a dependent may have to pay back the money.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Stolen Tax Money..

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.