Comments for Non Filed Taxes

Average Rating starstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 19, 2011
Tax Not Filed
by: Anonymous

During the time that you were a student, if you did not have income, you did not need to file taxes. The same is true for the years that you were not a student, depending upon the amount of income you made.

If you worked for someone who provided you with a W2, the IRS should already have record of this and should have notified you regarding any taxes owed. If you have never been notified, then there is a chance that you had a sufficient amount of taxes withheld from your paychecks to cover any liability and may even be entitled to a refund, you never know!

You should go ahead and file your current year taxes as soon as possible so that you can start filing if required and not have to worry about the possibility of incurring any penalties and interest on any additional liability or to get any refund you may be entitled to.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Non Filed Taxes.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.