Comments for Missing W2

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 14, 2011
Filing Without a W2
by: Stephanie

Hi Dona

Thanks for your question.

You are required to claim the amount of money you earned in the year in which you earned it, so you cannot claim it on next years return.

You will need to request another copy be sent or if you are unable to get the information from your employer, you can request a transcript from the IRS to see what they reported to them.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Missing W2.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.