Comments for Life Changes Affect Filing Status Income Tax Question

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 10, 2011
Filing Status and Exemptions
by: Stephanie

As long as you are no longer living with your husband you can file as head of household with your two children.

The IRS worksheet should help you to determine how many exemptions you can claim in order to be able to break even on your income taxes.

However; If you want to make sure you are covered, especially when losing your mortgage deduction, you may wish to claim less until you find out for sure what your tax liability is after filing your first Head of Household tax return.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Life Changes Affect Filing Status Income Tax Question.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.