Comments for HST and Mileage

Average Rating starstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 17, 2011
HST and Mileage
by: Anonymous

You can claim the HST paid on gas as an ITC if you have a HST business number.

If you use your vehicle for work and for personal use, you have to prorate the HST you can deduct, in the same way you have to prorate the rest of the cost of the gas you purchase for your vehicle.

IE: Business use = Total use - Personal Use
If you don't have a HST business number, you don't have to separate out the HST.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bookkeeping Questions and Answers.

Return to HST and Mileage.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.