Comments for Filing Separate or Jointly

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 29, 2011
File Separate or File Together
by: Steph


Typically you will want to file as Married Filing Jointly in order to receive the greatest tax benefits and filing as Married Filing Separately can cause you to lose tax credits. However, this is not always possible when two people are separating. So you actually have the option of filing as Married Filing Jointly if he will agree, or whoever has the children and is paying over half of the support can possibly file as Head of Household.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Filing Separate or Jointly.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.