Comments for Dependent

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 11, 2011
Mom as Dependent

If your mom has lived with you for the last 3 years, and you have never claimed her as a dependent you should be able to amend your returns.

If you do not charge her anything to live there and contribute over half of her support, as long as she earns less than 3,650 (for year 2010) she may be considered as your qualifying relative.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Dependent.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.