Comments for Deduction of Property Tax

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 13, 2011
Who Can Claim Property Taxes

If you are the one making payments on a mortgage for a home that you are living in with your partner, you can claim the interest deduction on your taxes. If the form 1098 is in your partners social security number, you will need to enter the interest deduction under "other interest" on your schedule A and provide all of the information for who the interest was paid to. Otherwise, it will trigger a flag as the IRS will show the interest in their records as belonging to your partner.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Deduction of Property Tax.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.