Comments for Claiming My Daughter

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 29, 2011
Claiming Your Daughter
by: Stephanie

Hi Jimmie,

Thanks for asking your question.

Either you or your girlfriend (mother of your child) can claim the dependent exemption for your child. Typically, whoever the child lives with and/or whoever pays over half the support of the child can claim the exemption. But this person can also give the dependency exemption over to the other parent if agreed upon between the two of you.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Claiming My Daughter.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.