Child Income Tax Deduction

Child Income Tax Deduction

Child Income Tax Deduction

I did not claim my oldest son last year because he made money on his own.

This year he doesn't have a job and he is going to college and is 24 yr old.

Can I claim him for 2011?

Comments for Child Income Tax Deduction

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 05, 2018
Claiming Deduction for Child
by: Stephanie

Thank you for your question about whether or not you can claim your child on your tax return.

Typically, as long as you have provided over half of the support for your dependent child who is living with you for over half the year, you can claim him as an exemption tax deduction on your tax return.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Deductions Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.