Comments for Can I File This?

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 28, 2011
Farming Expense
by: Stephanie


Yes, you should be able to claim the purchase of the backhoe on your income taxes. You can do this by amending your return in the year of purchase and adding it on as a Section 179 depreciation deduction against your farming income.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Can I File This?.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.