Comments for Amending Tax Return

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 19, 2011
T4 Box 85


I was wondering if your wife's T4 had the amount for private health care premiums listed in box 85. If yes, then if you filed using tax software, it would have claimed the amount. Is this why you wanted to amend her tax return too?

If not, then I would make a T1 Adjustment to your return (if it is the most beneficial) ... just make sure you have proof of paying the premuims. This means if box 85 wasn't completed by the employer, you may need a letter stating she paid the premiums.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Amending Tax Return.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you every month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.