Comments for Adjusting Paycheck Bookkeeping Question

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 04, 2011
by: Laura

Thank you for your input, it will help me tremendously since I could not reconcile the account. I created an entry to reflect the adjustment without affecting the original payroll check. Thanks again.

May 04, 2011
Reconciling Paycheck Amount
by: Anonymous

If your books show a different amount than what was issued and reported to the IRs, you will just need to do a payroll adjusting entry to general ledger. This amount will show up when reconciling and you should be able to balance afterwards.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bookkeeping Questions and Answers.

Return to Adjusting Paycheck Bookkeeping Question.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.