Work Out of State

by Missy
(Smalltown, OR)

Hi, I live in OR and just started a job in WA.
My 1st paycheck states the following deductions:
Employee Medicare $
Soc Secur $$
OR State income $

How do I verify if federal is being taken out correctly?
Shouldn't it also state FICA?

I was told by HR to fill out another W-4 but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for any advice you have,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.