State Mandated Pension Contributions

by Kim

As a teacher in Michigan, I have state mandated pension contributions withheld from my checks. They come out prior to taxes and are reported in box 14 of my W-2. Where in my tax return should this be reported, if at all?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.