Social Security Tax

As an employer, we withheld $5.85 too much social security from an employee due to a miscalc on group term life insurance--does a w-2c need to be issued, or can credit be taken on their tax return for this overpayment? The employee does not hit the SS limit--wages are 70,000.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.