Self Assessment - Cash in investments buy land for farming

by Helen
(Norfolk, England)

Hi Please could you help me - A farmer has cashed in his overseas investments and uk isa's and has bought some extra land for farming livestock. Where and how do I show this on the tax return, am I able to claim AIA and when / what if at all can I claim allowances or income for keeping the land agricultural so to speak ?

Any advice would be appreciated as this is an area I have not covered before.

Kind regards and many thanks

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.