Rejected Taxes

I have a stepchild that has lived with me for the past 10years, her mom has not been in her life for at least 3 years. The problem this year irs is saying her ss# can not be filed twice. What do I do. She's been with me for the full year. I think her mom claimed her. Please let me know what to do.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.