Personal Taxes

We loaned our son $20000 a couple of years ago as a personal loan. we had a penalty of $6000 for early withdrawall. he paid it back in 2 yrs. including the penalty fee.

He has a business and is now trying to w9 us for the penalty fee as if it were interest. we charged him no interest on the money and the check was written out to him personally. Can he do that?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.