Pennsylvania Act 32

by Gary Dixon
(Syracuse, NY)

I am a NY resident and maintain an office in my home that I occupy 4 out of 5 days a week. My employer is located in Carlisle, PA. I have been informed that effective 1/1/12 I must pay a 1% tax of my income to PA according to PA tax act # 32. My emploter has no choice in paying this. Is there a way that I can recover that tax money?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.