Other Income

by Amber

If I was paid for tutoring a friend's son during 2011 and he paid using a personal check with his own (post-tax) money, do I have to report that on my tax return?

Comments for Other Income

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 28, 2016
Are you an honest person, or do you like to tempt fate? NEW
by: Anonymous

It was money you earned right? The issue really would be, is the man going to claim those expenses on his tax return? Which he CAN legally do. Because IF he does, and YOU don't you will be caught out rather quickly in your deception. The answer is you really SHOULD add that money to your total earned, even if you do not have any type of w2 or 1099 to go with it.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?