Nursing Home Care

by Rick

Over the past few years, my father-in-law gifted my wife and I around $12,000 per year. He is now in a nursing home and we are assisting with the expenses to the tune of about $2500 per month. This began in October of 2011. Can we deduct what we have paid from our Federal Income Tax?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.