Need Tax Form #

by Tara
(San Antonio Texas)

Sister is on SSI. She moved in with me end of March 2011. I recieve 300. a mo from her which is up to me what things I pay w/it. e.g. utilities groceries my income is over 50K a yr can I claim her on my taxes here in Texas?

I heard something about if I pay at least 1/3rd expenses I could. HELP please I don't want to do anything wrong or jeopardize myself or her I still have a mortgage on my home too if that helps. Thank you in advance!

Happy Blessed 2012!!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.