Name Change

I got married since I bought my home which qualifies for a homebuyer credit and all docs have my maiden name. Should I submit change of name proof with my IRS tax return.

Thanks for the question.

The IRS will be looking for your name to match your social security number, so just make sure that your social security number is showing the correct current name and you should be fine.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.