Michigan Inheritance Law


Hi, I am going to be bought out of my fathers estate (houses and property) this year and need to know if I will have to claim the money paid to me as income (taxable income on my tax return) for the tax year? I am unsure as I have some telling me no and some telling me yes...please help.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?