Live & Work in South Dakota, but have a Minnesota Residence.

by Calvin G.
(Brookings, SD)

I'm helping a friend do her taxes. She has had a residence in the State of South Dakota since the end of January 2010. She works in South Dakota as well.

Problem is she still has her drivers license for Minnesota and is paying Minnesota State income tax through her employer.

Since her residence and work is here (South Dakota), what do we need to do to file to get a MN State income tax returned?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.