Independent Contractor?

by Ms. Moody
(Houston, TX)

I work as an independent contractor. Sometimes if I get in a jamb I will farm out some of my work to my neighbor (stay at home mom). I report all my taxes when I file jointly with my husband. My workload has increased and I'm needing more and more help. How can I legally take deductions on my taxes for what I pay her? She is a friend and neighbor. I don't have her SSN#.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.