Head of Household and SSD

by Nancy
(Los Angeles, CA)

Hi, Can I claim head of household and also claim my spouse who is getting SSD?

Comments for Head of Household and SSD

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 07, 2012

I think you can only claim one or the other, either Head of Household or Married Filing Joint.

You claim Head of Household status when you are not married or are separated and have a dependent child.

Otherwise, if you have a husband, you will already be getting an exemption for him by filing as Married Filing Jointly.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?