Grand Kids

by Tracie Hardy

My daughter and 3 children lived full time with us last year. The oldest is handicapped and receives ssi. She has primary custody of the other two. She cannot file an income tax because she did not work outside of the home last year. She is a full time student though. Can we file our taxes with 2 of the children and as head of household. I understand we cannot claim her and our handicapped grandson because of his ssi. She only receives his ssi and a small amount of child support.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.