Fraud Victim

by Anil
(Chandigarh, India)

Dear Sir, I own a house since 1995 and now someone has filed a return in my name and my address showing the house and now incometax department has issued a notice to pay the tax for it. What should I do? Please help

Comments for Fraud Victim

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 20, 2015
Stop Them Please
by: Anonymous

Someone filed my taxes and I didn't give them permission.

Mar 24, 2012
Contact the IRS
by: Anonymous

Call the IRS. They will help. You have to file extra documents, then will need to contact the Federal Trade Commission so they can flag your Social Security number.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.