Forgot Childcare

I had my taxes done and totally forgot that my kids had been in childcare for a few months at the begining of the year. Will I get in trouble for this?

Thank you for your childcare question.

If you forgot to put on your taxes that you paid for your children to be in childcare, you will NOT get in trouble for this as it is not a requirement to report.

However, it may benefit you to amend your tax return to report the amount of childcare you paid as it may reduce the amount of your tax liability giving you a refund.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.