Foreign Travelling Pastor Bookkeeping

Pastor Bookkeeping

Pastor Bookkeeping

I do the bookkeeping for a consultant/pastor and she travels oversees to minister/teach. She never requires or asks for any compensation when she goes, but if she receives money does she have to claim that as income?

Comments for Foreign Travelling Pastor Bookkeeping

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 27, 2017
Bookkeeping For Pastors Compensation
by: Stephanie

Thank you for your question about bookkeeping for a pastor who travels oversees to minister/teach.

Traveling pastors/ministers are typically considered to be independent contractors (self-employed) under the common law.

When a minister performs ministerial services, all of the earnings, including wages, offerings, and fees that are received for performing marriages, baptisms, funerals, etc., are subject to income tax.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bookkeeping Questions and Answers.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.