Fixed Municipal Bond


I have a fixed municipal bond both my son and my name is on it. I would like to remove by son's name off the bond and place him on it as payable upon death instead. I know the gift tax is 13,000 would he have to pay 12,000 on gift tax in order to make this change?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.