Comments for Earned Income Tax Credit

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 16, 2011
Dependent Credits
by: Stephanie

If you worked as an Independent Contractor and are filing 1040 as head of household for 2010 while earning $600 on your 1099-misc and $1765 in unemployment and claiming 3 young children, you should definitely receive a refund.

There is a $400 making work pay credit that you should be eligible for, as well as Earned Income and Additional Child Tax Credits. As your earned income was only 600 these amounts will be limited, but you are still entitled to the credits.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Return to Earned Income Tax Credit.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.