Domestic Partners

Can my boyfriend whom I live with claim me on his income taxes. I didn't work at all last year and was totally dependent on him financially. I am also on his medical insurance from his place of employment as his Domestic Partner. I am an adult. I live in California and I would like to know if your answer applies to Federal and State.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.