Divorce/ Retirement Plan

I got a divorce this year and had to give my ex half of my profit sharing (retirement)account. I was told by some people here they wrote of this amount. Just wanted to ask someone who may know. Is this ok to do? If so how or where do you go about this on tax forms?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?