Deduction for Charitable Contributions

by James Hight
(Memphis, TN)

When using form 1040 do I list and deduct my charitable contributions?

Thank you for your deduction for charitable contributions question.

When using form 1040, you would want to list your and deduct both your cash and non-cash charitable donations as an itemized deduction on your Shedule A.

Make sure that you have receipts to help support your deduction.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Deductions Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.