Credit Card Protection

by Bill
(Trevose, PA)

I would like to know if we can we claim the fees we pay for credit card protection as a tax deduction?

Thank you for your question about credit card protection fees. It is my understanding that you can claim the credit card protection fees that you pay on a business use credit card as an income tax deduction on your income tax return. It can be categorized along with the interest payments or distinguished separately as a type of insurance expense.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.