Claiming Grandchildren on Tax Return

by Dorothy DiAngelo
(Chandler, AZ)

I pay for more than 50% of my grandchildren's living expenses. Can I clkaim them as a dependent on my return. My daughter is diabled and collects SS benefits and her income is too low for her to pay taxes on herself. By me claiming the children(2) will this affect her receiving food stamps and medical benefits from DES?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.