Claiming Child Care Expenses

My granddaughter has lived with me for 8 months of last year. Her grandfather (who lives in IN) paid child care cost for 5 of those months. Does he get to claim that money even though she did not live with him. If he does not who does?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.