Claiming a House

My parent and I own a house together, they have always filed it on there taxes. Now they tell me just to claim the house they do not want to deal with it. My name is on the taxes and the mortgage but the tax form only comes with my moms social security number on it can I still claim the house?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.