Childs Father Gives Me Money

(Milwaukee, WI)

My childs father has been giving me $150 a month since April 2011. Im currently on the States insurance and they needed "proof" that i was receiving money from him. (a letter with the amount he gives me, date and signature) do I have to put that down while doing my taxes even though its not considered as "child support"?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.