Chart of Accounts

by Shari
( Nampa, ID)

Which account should an income tax refund go to?

Hello Shari,

Thanks for the question. If you are a sole proprietor and are receiving an income tax refund that you are depositing into the business, it would go into the Owners Contribution (equity) account.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chart of Accounts Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.