Can I Claim This As a Deduction

by Warner Kachel
(St. Croix Falls, Wi., US)

My wife was taken on a scam involving her grandson, he was suposidly caught in Canada with two other young men with some form of dope and regiured a attorney to represent him.

The money wwould be returned as soon as his inocence was confirmed. The money was to be sent by Western Union. The request was supposidly being made by a kindly police officer.

After sending the money he called back and said they were returning the money because the charges were being changed, but they would require bail money to release him for trial.

She then sent more money via Western Union. I told her it was a scam and called the police but it was too late, the money had been picked up. I have the police report and Western Union paperwork. Is their anyway I can claim this?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.