1 W2 For 2 States

Hi, My employer has provided me only 1 W2 for 2 states (Illinois and Texas). I submitted my tax returns with only 1 W2 and as per that I have to pay state tax of $852.00. But as per my understanding I don't have to pay any tax to state.

Please let me know if I should ask my employer to provide my corrected W2 or the W2 provided by them is correct.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Income Tax Questions.

Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Bookkeeping Basics E-zine. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, including some great tips and advice from myself and other Bookkeeping Basics readers.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Bookkeeping Basics E-Zine.

Like Bookkeeping-Basics.net?